Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year Resolution

<Nikon D80, ISO1000, F/1.4, 1/40sec>
One of my new year resolutions for 2012 is to stop smoking until 8/31/2012. When I mentioned this to a few of my friends, most of the responses was it was the weirdest resolution they've heard. 


I started smoking since I was in 3rd year in middle school in Korea. Holy S... That's 21 years ago. Still remember the first inhale very clearly. One evening after school, walking down a back alley, offered by a friend, trying to man up, I was acting as if I had done it many times before. Without releasing any into the air, I actually inhaled all of it. Well, I ended up puking quietly later that evening. Why quietly? Didn't want my parents to find out.


Since then, I was never a heavy smoker. Sporadically I even stopped smoking for a prolonged period as long as 3 years. But throughout all these years, I never committed to quitting for good. I will rather take a break from it here and there. As much as I whine when I go hiking at mission peak, I still very much enjoy smoking.


So what's my solution? In 2011, I stopped smoking from Jan to Jun. This year it's from Jan to Aug. Next year Jan to Oct. In 2014, it will be from Jan to Dec. Then hopefully it will be perpetual from there. Another reason why the world can't end this year. =P


For all the ones out there going cold turkey, I admire your determination and support you 100%. Good luck to everyone and myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment