Thursday, September 15, 2011

Fun is in doing

<Nikon FM2, Kodak 400 ISO B&W film>
Shots taken in San Jose State University. I was strolling around the campus with my camera in the summer and ran into a couple of kids on skateboard. They were having a blast in trying the flips. Asked them whether I can take some photos and they were more than glad to do it multiple times so I can get my shot. Whether they succeed in flipping or not didn't matter to them. It was just fun for them trying and trying again. 

We all have short term or long term plans and goals that we want to achieve in our lifetime. And I think once we get buried with the thought of results or success, we often tend to forget that what makes the whole thing really fun is  in doing them, not the result itself. Find what we enjoy doing and just have fun doing those. Worry about the outcome later because everything we experience becomes part of us in the end.


<Nikon FM2, Kodak 400 ISO B&W film>


2 comments: