Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Time to lose blog virginity

According to Wikipedia, the word Blog was first used in 1997 and the actual activity of personal blogging goes back even further. So that's what now, approximately 15 years? For a decade and a half, I have been avoiding to start my own blog. To be perfectly honest, I am still not 100% sure what a blog really is other than it's a virtual location where I can post something, anything so it can be read and viewed by the rest of the world. I think one of the reasons I have been avoiding is because the concept sounds so unilateral. I only throw and you only receive. The fact that I got on board with other social media such as Facebook further confirms the reason. Maybe, I got it all wrong. Maybe, there is much more interchange. I guess time will tell.


So what is making me to start now? 


It is what I am crazy about that's driving me to blog. And my current passion is photography. It's not my day job and I am not a professional photographer. Nevertheless I can easily say that I am very passionate about photography without any hesitation. It has been since I was in high school and I kept pursuing it whenever I get a chance. And my main focus for the last 4-5 years has been on photography when I am not working. 


So this blog will be a window for me to channel out my thoughts, experiences, random stuff related to the photography in general. In return, I hope it will give me a chance to organize my ideas and it will become another element that will help me keep clicking away.


Stay tuned =)

No comments:

Post a Comment