Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Irony

<Nikon D80, ISO 400, f/2.8, 1/10 sec>
Life is full of irony, sometimes so much that it is cruel. 
In the same hospital, some lives are born while some are ending.
Some part of the world is fighting obesity for life while another is fighting famine for life.
Technological advancement that were thought to enhance the quality of life might be the shortcut to the doom of life.


This picture was taken last year in Japantown in SF. I was browsing at a bulletin board while waiting for a friend. These two ads were posted right next to each other and caught my eyes. I found it ironic and clicked the shutter. I didn't have much feeling when I was taking the photo. But later that day when I was looking at it on my monitor, it then hit me how cruel this could be for the parents who would've posted the ads for the missing babies if they were to come back to see this. I sincerely hope they are reunited by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment