Saturday, September 17, 2011

Looking at friends growing up

<Nikon n90s, Kodak 400 ISO B&W film>

I was visiting Korea a couple years ago and my buddy took me to this printing shop near booktown in Paju area. He is an editor and was in charge on publishing a new book. In this shot, he was proof-reading a book cover that he was in charge of. The serious look on my friend vs. the smile of the kid in the book cover drove me to click this one. 


I have known him since high school, well, I really spent lots of time with him only in high school, since I moved to the states right after. We still kept in touch and every time I visit Korea, we hung out. But still in my mind, he stopped growing up after high school. In my mind, he is still the dude who likes to make smart ass jokes in the class and was studying crazy hard to prep for college entrance exam. It felt quite weird to see him working and being so serious like in this photo. But then again, they probably felt similar about me too. Now that I think about it, I think I am subconsciously aware of this and what's probably why I never try to be serious around friends, whether it succeed or not =)

No comments:

Post a Comment