Friday, September 23, 2011

Patience

<Nikon D80, ISO400, F/2.8, 1/10 sec>
One thing I learned since I started playing with camera. Patience is the virtue. I have heard and said that phrase a number of times before photography. But it really became meaningful once I started getting into taking photos. When you are in the darkroom trying to develop that perfect print, sometimes you have to go through several of them just to get one portion of the print right. When you are up in the hills in the middle of the dark night, sometimes you have to wait several hours to get the shot you want. In general, you will go through lots of trial and error. I don't have much experience in studio photography but I imagine it's probably similar. 


And all the waiting isn't that bad. If you get a good result after all that waiting, the sense of achievement is indescribable. However, even if you don't get a good result, you still feel okay because you know you have given enough try and learn from that waiting.


I think it's similar in life. If there is something you really like doing, be patient and hang in there. If you hang around long enough, eventually it will lead the way for you. At least give enough try so you don't end up regretting later.

No comments:

Post a Comment