Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Luck

Google tells me that Thomas Edison said "There is no substitute for hard work". And I am sure lots of people put relentless effort as the top virtue for success. But I will have to disagree.Hard work and relentless effort may be the foundation but you simply need the luck on your side to be successful beyond normal measure. It could be meeting right people at the right time at the right place. It could be adding wrong ingredient by mistake which turns out to be great tasting recipe. In this case, it was the man in the photo, a friend of mine, turning his flashlight on for a few seconds. I was going for long exposure and at first I thought the shot was ruined due to the flashlight. But, bam! It came out much better than what I had in mind. A total luck. 

Don't get me wrong. You do have to be out there in the ass freezing windy weather in the middle of the night to be able to get lucky =). Only the people who are well prepared will get to enjoy the benefit of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment